This year’s session of the Electronic Entertainment Expo has come and gone, with this season bringing a mixed bag of surprises for gamers and gaming fans alike. And with major game developers announcing their list of upcoming games, it’s hard to stay calm and composed until the scheduled release dates.
Let’s take a look at some much-awaited games from these developers, as well as what to expect in the coming months. Though not all titles are sure-fire hitters, just like taking chances at DiverjoeCasino, there are certainly gems that are to change the gaming landscape.
Major game developers that made big announcements:
2. Square Enix
3. Xbox and Bethesda
In its Nintendo Direct Livestream event held on the last day of E3, Nintendo showed to the masses what they have in store for this year and the next.
• Mario Party Superstars, the latest iteration of the much-beloved Mario Party franchise, is slated for an October 2023 release date on the Nintendo Switch. More than new maps, the game is also touted as having an online multiplayer feature.
• The mini-game frenzy WarioWare is getting another entry in its series with the WarioWare: Get It Together in September 2023. The game will feature tons of short mini-games, as well as two-player support.
• Releasing exclusively for the Switch, Atlus’ Shin Megami Tensei V will be the long-awaited return of the series, where players have to partner with demons to save their world from destruction. SMT V is slated for a November 2023 release date.
• Another returning title to the gaming sphere is Samus Aran and the Metroid series. Taking place right after Metroid Fusion, Metroid Dread places the bounty hunter on a new planet where she is hunted by the threatening E.M.M.I. This 2D action sidescroller will be available in October 2023.
• Jump between planets with Mario, Peach, and the Rabbids in the upcoming sequel of the runaway hit Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle. Titled Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope, this 2023 crossover game between Nintendo and Ubisoft gives more room for exploration while offering unique gameplay mechanics and equipment.
Apart from new titles, the Switch is also not short in re-releases and ports of classic titles, along with updates to Smash Ultimate.
• Celebrating 35 years of adventuring the land of Hyrule and beyond, Nintendo is releasing the Zelda Game and Watch that includes several classics like the first Legend of Zelda games.
• An almost forgotten strategy RPG title, Advance Wars 1 and 2 are slated to be brought to the Switch with Advance Wars 1+2:Re-Boot Camp on December 2023.
• Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania is a celebration of the original game’s 20th anniversary, featuring the first three games in the series on this compilation.
• Kazuya Mishima is the second Tekken character to enter the Smash Bros. universe, as he will be added to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate soon. While carrying the same moveset, his gameplay might be something new to Tekken fans.
Not satisfied with the tall stack of scheduled games, Nintendo ended its live stream with a tease on the next title in the Legend of Zelda series. Taking place not only in Hyrule but also in the skies above, Breath of the Wild 2 shows some new gameplay footage for its 2023 release.
2. Square Enix
Video game developer Square Enix offered a great range of fresh games for various devices in its E3 performance.
• Developed alongside Team Ninja as a re-imaging of the first Final Fantasy title, Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin takes the action RPG approach in this beloved classic. Slated for a 2023 release, players will take control of Jack, as he explores the locales and fights enemies in real-time along with newcomers Ash and Jed.
• Another must-play from Square Enix, this time working with Eidos Montreal, is the third-person action-adventure title Guardians of the Galaxy. A major franchise under the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the game features Star-Lord as he travels around the galaxy with Gamora, Rocket Racoon, Drax, and Groot by his side. Guardians of the Galaxy is set for an October 2023 release date.
• After waiting for more than two years, Babylon’s Fall finally got a new gameplay trailer this year, reinvigorating the anticipating audience.
• The latest in the graphic adventure franchise Life Is Strange, Life Is Strange: True Colors is releasing on multiple platforms in September 2023. The released gameplay trailer showed how the protagonist Alex Chen sees the emotions of others as she solved the death of her brother.
• Upcoming mobile games from Square Enix also got a montage prior to release, including Hitman Sniper-The Shadows, NieR Reincarnation, and several Final Fantasy games.
Alongside the fresh games, new ports and remasters of some of the most popular titles by the team are also slated to release within the coming months.
• Initially released on the Playstation One in 2000, a remastered version of Legend of Mana is arriving on multiple platforms in June 2023.
• Gathering the first six Final Fantasy titles under one collection, Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster will be available on Steam and mobile devices.
• The first two titles under Life Is Strange are getting a remaster as well, entitled Life Is Strange: Remastered Collection. The game is scheduled for a September 2023 release date.
• Improving the content of Marvel’s Avengers is the upcoming War for Wakanda expansion which features the hero Black Panther with his sister Shuri, the Dora Milaje, and Okoye. While waiting for the free expansion to arrive in August 2023, Square Enix is opening a Cosmic Cube event in late June, adding gameplay features and achievements.
3. Xbox and Bethesda
Filled with game announcements and trailers, Xbox did not fail in presenting some big titles on their lineup of outstanding games. Here are some highlights from the feature-filled showcase:
• The biggest Xbox-only title is getting another game in Halo Infinite, slated for a December 2023 release. Ramping up the anticipation for the game to 11, the new trailer not only showed the improved graphics and gameplay but also keyed in on the strong multiplayer gameplay and cinematic highlights.
• One of the most highly-anticipated titles from Bethesda, the Xbox event showed the first gameplay trailer for Starfield. Scheduled for a November 2023 release date, the trailer invited players into a sci-fi world and promises great immersion and exploration.
• Grounded from Obsidian Entertainment is an Xbox-exclusive title that turns survival gameplay into a different player. The player and his group of friends are miniaturized into ant-sized characters and face the dangerous environment of their backyard. The game is receiving new updates, slated for a June 2023 release.
E3 2023 is truly packed with exciting game announcements and developments for games that players should look out for. With tons of titles releasing within the next 24 months, avid gamers are spoiled for choice.