Your charcoal grill or gas can become your coveted cooking appliance in the scorching summer months. You could make some steaks for your friends and family, or guests during vacations. Grilling is very relaxing and fun, resulting in tasty food. You can explore a range of materials that work best for grill covers.
- The cloth grill covers are some of the best when it comes to durability and protection. However, these affordable and simple covers have a lot of long-term value.
- Since the cloth isn’t fully waterproof, it won’t be able to thwart rust from the body. A cloth cover is ideal for the summer months as it protects the equipment from drop droppings, leaves, dirt, and dust.
- A cloth cover can also shield your grill from harmful UV radiation, impeding peeling and discoloration on painted metal panels and plastics.
- The heavy-duty plastic and vinyl grill covers are the finest examples in this regard. If you don’t have a garage or lawn for storing your grill during rains or winter, you need to invest in a plastic or vinyl grill cover.
- These are waterproof materials that prevent moisture from ruining the grill’s metal sections.
- You line up most waterproof ones for controlling humidity inside the product. It thwarts rust.
However, do keep in mind that fluctuating temperatures can cause plastics and vinyl contract and expand, potentially causing cracked paint, warping, and other edificial problems.
Checking three materials
All grill covers may look identical but each of them varies in terms of the raw materials. These are vinyl, polyester and canvas.
- Vinyl grill covers are water-resistant. You depend on them for outdoor use, particularly with the onset of the rainy season. However, you can still divide them into different types, which could be vulnerable or long-lasting.
- Heavy-duty vinyl covers must be 12 gauge. Although the lighter ones are cheaper, their durability is nothing in comparison to heavy-duty vinyl.
- Polyester is the most common type and also the favorite of most consumers. In addition to its lightweight features, you can use it in different weathers, making it very durable and reliable throughout the year.
- You can even use it for years due to its heavy construction. It often undergoes chemical treatment for resisting sunlight and water.
- Canvas is that material which you often use as a viable alternative to polyester covers. It’s certainly a great material for outdoor use.
- Its toughness makes it fireproof as well. You often use canvas to make covers for shoes, tents, and boat sails.
- Another great thing about it is apart from its durability and quality, it’s not that costly.
The best covers
The Grillman premium grill cover is another heavy-duty grill cover, which you make from quality Oxford and PVC liner. It renders a very textured and sharp look to the cover, making it much UV and water-resistant.
- This cover is available in a wide variety of sizes. They can fit virtually any grill you can find in the market.
- Grillman achieves maximum results through an amalgam of multiple footprints along with a very seamless adjustment mechanism. It’s called the hook and loop system.
- It entails the extra benefit of providing a secure fit to your grill over. It’s more useful in winter and windy conditions, where the covers have a possibility to fall apart.
- Another popular choice is the Homitt Gas Grill cover. Heavy-duty and sturdy, its water-resistant Oxford is 600D.
- It’s available in four different sizes and can fit most grills. It has fine handles, making its movement very easy.
- It has strong straps to secure it against the grill body. You can jostle it around a pack or bunch on the machine while testing the cover. It doesn’t blow off or up in a rainstorm or wind.
- The edges entail double-stitching for extra durability. Its PVC coating provides tear, water, and UV resistance. It also includes a storage bag, which is a great touch.
A few more examples
The Weber 300 series of grill covers deserves special mention. The Weber Spirit II durable fasteners to keep it secure. However, its expensive price and compatibility with only specific Weber makes and models are two pitfalls.
- If you own this grill cover, which is one of the top-ranking gas grills covers in the industry, purchasing a corresponding one is obvious. Its polyester material is waterproof. It provides high protection against UV rays.
- They aren’t too heavy to prevent taking them on or off. It has adhesive fastening panels and straps, allowing you to strongly secure the material. Maneuvering becomes very easy as well.
- Although its vinyl and lightweight material might surprise you at first, it’s quite a sturdy and protective material. It shields your grill from the seething Sun or precipitation.
The 58-inches, VICTSING grill cover is another viable example. It’s an inexpensive cover with straps and padded handles for securing it. It’s also very easy to clean the cover. However, some people complain of premature fading.
Its polyester fabric is dustproof and weather-proof. It offers UV protection and rip resistance. The covers provide useful side straps at the base, which allows a perfect fit. It provides dual insurance against the grill cover, preventing it from sliding off in the event of heavy winds.
Working on the quality
The key features of premium grill covers are important factors that define their commercial viability. They have a seamless and strong inner ventilation system and better flow. It enables the air to escape and prevents snow and rain from entering the body. To know more click here.
- Its resistance to UV radiation prevents any form of fading under the Sun. The heavy-duty vinyl material is fully weatherproof.
- Its cover will not crack or chip away due to egregious cold temperatures. The covers entail two convenient and sturdy PVC handles. The molded handles enable easy removal.
These are freestanding and strong grill covers. You can custom design them. The engineering makes it flame retardant. It doesn’t crack or deplete in the cold weather. It’s also free from fungus and mildew. It has heavy-duty handles and rings to provide solid support and foundation.