If you must travel to India for business, you’ll probably easily embrace that opportunity with open arms. After all, India is a mesmerizing country to visit and stay at, even if you will be going there for a company trip. However, in order to gain access to the country, you need to secure a visa.
Now, you might be wondering – how can I do that? Well, this is exactly what this article can help you with. The text below is going to feature 7 key elements that you should know about obtaining an E-business visa for India. Let’s take a closer look at this traveling guide.
1. What Type of Business Permits Can I Opt For?
Like all other nations in the world, India also offers a wide range of types of visas including tourist, employment, and student permits. However, if you are planning on having a work trip, you have two options to get a visa or to get an E-business one for visiting this nation.
Now, you should know that these two types are the same, but, the method of acquiring them is different. Getting ordinary permission will require you to travel to the nearest official government or embassy, and you’ll be asked to attend an interview. Nevertheless, if you choose an E-visa, you can actually finish everything online, which means that you can get it without any hassle. If you want to learn more, check out india-visa-gov.in for more info.
2. How Long Will It Last And Can I Prolong The Visit?
If you pick an E-authorization, you can visit India for 60 days. And, you’ll also get double entry, which means that you can leave the nation, and then return to it one more time. Unfortunately, you cannot extend the one you get, no matter what type you choose. Additionally, you can only obtain two of them per year.
3. What Are The Essentials For Applying?
If you are intending on going to this nation for your profession, you could be qualified for if you meet several requirements including:
– If you are opening a company, purchasing or selling products, if you need to attend meetings, or if you are recruiting employees.
– You are required to be financially stable – which means that you should have enough money, and you’ll have to have proof of it as well.
– You cannot go to India if you plan to run a firm that is not doing well.
– You must comply with every tax liabilities that you might come across.
– If you are not going there to be employed – because you’ll need an employment permit, rather than a business one.
4. What Documents Will I Need to Submit?
When applying online, there are some documents that you need to prepare. The things you need to collect and submit include:
– A Legitimate Passport – you can scan it and upload the picture. The passport needs to be legitimate for 6 months after you arrive and it needs to have 2 empty sheets.
– A Photograph – the applications will also require you to present a picture of yourself as well. It needs to be square, from 10KB to 1MB in size, and it must be in the .JPEG form.
– A Business Card – additionally, you should submit a picture of your scanned card.
5. How Can I Do it Online?
The process of utilizing websites to apply online is actually quite simple, and you might find that it is similar to signing up for a site. The process goes like this:
– The initial step should be finding and opening the website that can issue visas.
– Next, you should fill out all the forms and attach the aforementioned paperwork by uploading them to the site.
– You’ll be required to give a fee for the permit – and this can do so by connecting your credit card.
– Later, you must wait for the government to approve it – and once they do, you will get a copy in an email.
– And lastly, you must print the document. Do not forget to take it with you at all times.
6. How Much Time Does It Need to Get Approved?
The processing period for every permit is different, hence, it is wise for you to apply a few weeks or months before the flight. E-visas are generally obtained fast, however, this does not mean that you should apply one week before you booked your trip. The latest period for applying is about 10 days before your arrival date. By applying earlier, you can ensure that it arrives on time. And just imagine how terrible it would be if you booked a ticket, but did not get it yet.
7. How Much Do They Cost?
If you are a resident of Great Britain, you’ll be required to spend some money on the payment – which stands at 100 US dollars. There will also be a bank charge that you’ll have to pay for (2.5%), which is charged where applicable. You can either pay by a Visa or Mastercard credit card options.
Getting a traditional business visa is extremely expensive, and it will cost you 168 pounds, and an additional 8 pounds for the services. You can choose to pay the fee online, by your credit card, post, or a bank draft. The payment option that you choose will depend on what works best for you.
Bonus Tip – You Have Two Options For Leaving And Entering India With an E-Visa
If you chose an E-visa, you should know that you can only enter the country by two transportation means – airplanes and ships. However, some suppliers allow you to enter by four means – airplanes, ships, trains, and buses. India has 34 airports, 31 ports, and 5 rail checkpoints.
As you can see, it is not difficult to obtain an electronic business visa for India. And, by following the aforementioned steps, you’ll be able to make the entire process easier, less time-consuming, as well as less stressful for yourself. So, now that you know everything about getting a business visa for India, do not waste any more time. Instead, apply for an E-visa right away!