All businesses have a common concern: productivity and efficiency of their employees, an issue that is not solved by the Human Resources department, so who is responsible? A good salary does not guarantee that your employees are productive enough to maintain efficiency in your company. So what should we do?
It is no secret to anyone that many companies lose a lot of efficient work hours every day. It is not always obvious, however, the causes of low productivity may be due to employees, among other causes.
We must not forget that it is a process and as such requires control. Consequently, for the work in the company to be productive, it is essential to create adequate guidelines during working hours.
So I want to share some steps and tips so that you can improve efficiency in your company, making employees more productive and always stay motivated.
What factors influence the processes?
For a process to be efficient it must mainly meet three characteristics: reduce errors, be fast and of quality. These characteristics are influenced by a multitude of factors, most of them have to do with business management. Which are the most prominent?
– Motivation: keeping your teams wanting to do their job is essential.
-Organization: if in your company you have a clear organization with the defined employee roles, it will be easier to solve the problems that arise and, therefore, the efficiency of the tasks will increase. If you see that you are not succeeding all by yourself, hire professionals, such as CreITive Digital Innovation Agency, to do digital strategy and big data analytics for you.
– Environment: the work climate has a great influence on the way employees do their job. If the environment is healthy at all levels, personal relationships between professionals will be better and their performance will improve.
-Professional development: in relation to the point of motivation, if you offer your staff real possibilities of promotion and skills development, their level of effort will be higher.
-Work hours: according to the research from 2019. flexibility is the second aspect that professionals value most in a job. Therefore, offering flexible hours helps you increase your satisfaction and be more productive.
Top 10 ways to maximize efficiency:
1. Knowledgeable workers, as you can see we return once again to the employees who contribute the most to our teams, those who actively and creatively contribute not only in their own tasks, but in projects in general and in collaboration with their colleagues. They are basically employees with high performance, preparation and specific qualities that make them perfect for working with others and sharing their knowledge. On the other hand, it is advisable to reward employees who show more effort and dedication not only monetarily, but with complementary training courses (which both help them and our company), giving them the place and recognition they deserve, with promotions, etc. And remember that employees not only have a life outside of it, but it is not alienable, that is, both inside and outside the workplace the emotional is always present, so you must know how to manage emotional intelligence, especially with those workers who are more productive, because they are a creative and helpful asset that you should always count on.
2. Leadership: involvement and commitment to employees, but remember responsibility is not limited to control and monitoring, but to improve and facilitate the productivity and efficiency of employees.
3. Collaboration can be a main tool to get employees to get involved, improve their performance and productivity, but implementing a collaborative system in a team, project or company, requires an adequate strategy designed uniquely and individually to each business: it is necessary to promote among employees who are going to collaborate an attitude prone to it, which favors interactions, the exchange of knowledge, opinions, creative ideas, communication, etc. And above all, a fluid communication that allows everyone to always be at the right stage of the project.
4. Distribution of tasks: the best way to ensure that everyone is aware of the objectives, deadlines and their role in the collaborative work chain, is that the short, medium and long-term objectives are clearly defined and are Known to all through a simple and efficient distribution of tasks that adapts not only to the needs of the project but to the profile of those who carry them out.
5. Objectives: it is, therefore, necessary to establish, before beginning, a series of objectives that we must achieve both individually, by each of the members of our team, and as common, as a group. If everyone knows their goal and that of others well, it is easier to work and perform while being aware of the importance of personal work.
6. Monitor workflow, collaboration, task distribution and every milestone, but always transparently so that everyone knows what stage of the project they are at, and being available to employees for any type of consultation or help they may need.
7. Encourage workers to work with others, to collaborate, to share and cooperate with their colleagues.
8. Meetings are excellent ways to interact and make your employees feel part of the project: you can also get feedback, brainstorm, facilitate integration, innovation, creativity and the exchange of ideas. Communication between the members of your team is essential for its proper functioning and therefore, for productivity and efficiency.
9. Necessary tools – As a leader, you must also ensure that your employees have the appropriate tools to carry out the pertinent tasks; The best team, the most efficient and well-trained employees, the most active and dynamic knowledge workers are nothing if they don’t have the necessary tools.
10. And remember communication, communication, communication. This is not an individual sport, but rather a team one. Everyone must understand that and improve their communication skills to the maximum.
And remember, each teacher has his booklet, these 10 tips can help you, but you should be the one who sets the guidelines in your team to achieve greater performance, productivity and efficiency by your collaborators and/or employees, and also, the You will encourage them to continue growing and get involved with your business, which will ensure a collaboration system that enhances success.