Malaysian Government and Opposition Call For MH17 Justice – Evidence Suggests Foul Play
Radar Data and Satellite Images Suggest Involvement of Foul Play in MH17 Crash – Independent Corroboration Needed
nsnbc : The Malaysian government and members of the opposition work together closely, to seek justice for the crew and passengers of Malaysia Airlines (MAS) Flight MH17, said Malaysian Communication and Multimedia Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Shabery Cheek. The disclosure of Russian radar data and satellite images and other evidence suggest that the pilots on board flight MH17 were lured into well-prepared, deadly trap.
Communications and Multimedia Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Shabery Cheek stressed that both the government and members of the opposition stand united in their demand that those behind the tragic loss of 298 lives and the Boeing 777-200 passenger jet must be held accountable. The Malaysian Bernama news agency quotes Ahmed Shabery, who spoke to the press on Wednesday, as saying:
“We have gone through a difficult path but the message we convey to the world is clear, regardless of whether they are from the big powers like the governments of Russia and Ukraine, or rebels. … Even though we are a small country we have a big heart and we want to do the best we can in getting justice for the victims”.
Leading members of several western governments and western media were not shy of immediately blaming the incident on what they called “Russian-backed rebels”, or even the Russian President Vladimir Putin, personally.
Reports were circulated that the U.S. government had proof, evidence, satellite images to support allegations, but besides bellicose vitriol and rhetoric, no evidence had yet been provided.
Ahmed Shabery urged those people behind such propaganda to stop all accusations and speculations about the tragedy, describing them as “insensitive acts”.
The Malaysian MP and DAP Secretary-General Lim Guan Eng said that it is vital for all quarters to unite at a time when the nation is saddened by the MH17 crash in Ukraine, reports Bernama.
Lim Guan Eng added that the opposition also wished to show the world that they stood together with the government on this matter to strongly condemn the tragedy which had befallen the country’s aircraft.
He said that the opposition also stands with the government in its call for justice. The Bernama news agency quotes the Regional and Rural Development Minister Datuk Seri Shafie Apdal as saying:
“We do not want to point fingers at anyone or seek revenge but we need to find justice at the international level because it involves a commercial aircraft”.
The Malaysian Defence Minister, Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein, for his part, spoke out in support of the approach taken by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak, saying that:
“Najib Razak was not swayed by the geopolitical situation in Ukraine, had managed to persuade the rebels to bring out the crash victims’ bodies and obtained the black box for further investigation”.
Prime Minister Najib Razak previously, strongly condemned those behind the geopolitical chess game that has led to the death of 298 people. While there is a Pandora’s box of rumors, mis- and disinformation that is being circulated, there is mounting evidence to support suspicions that the pilots of MAS flight MH17 were deliberately lured into a deadly trap.
The strongest evidence in support of this suspicion, which needs further and independent investigation and corroboration is:
- The fact that MH17 filed a flight plan requesting 35,000 ft but was given a flight level of 33,000 ft by Ukrainian air traffic controllers. nsnbc is in the process of identifying the proper authorities to contact to ask for explanations and evidence.
- The fact that the route of MH17, has been further South in the days before the incident but was moved to the North on July 16, and even further North, across airspace which Ukrainian authorities reportedly had closed up to 32,000 ft and across a combat zone on July 17. nsnbc contacted the Ukrainian Ministry of Infrastructure but has not yet received any response. nsnbc is in the process of contacting the Ukrainian Ministry of Defense and the Interior Ministry for explanations and clarification.
- The fact that Russian satellite images show that Buk M1 surface to air missile systems were stationed in the area only days before July 17 and removed afterwards. The Russian military reports also that it has evidence to show that these missile systems radar increased power up to July 17 and reduces power immediately afterwards. nsnbc contacted the Russian Foreign Ministry on Wednesday, for additional data for independent analysis.
- The fact that air traffic controllers, according to Russian military and government sources, observed that flight MH17 suddenly deviated to the North and then abruptly to the South shortly before it disappeared from radar, and that other planes which gave a primary radar return only, ascended towards MH17 to a distance of 3 – 5 kilometers of the Boeing 777-200 at the same time. Russian military experts stated that the unidentified jets most likely were Ukrainian Su-25 fighter jets. nsnbc has contacted the Russian Foreign Ministry and asked to be provided with additional data. More specifically, nsnbc asked for Comma Separated Variable files or other raw data from the mentioned radar stations for independent analysis.
Video: Press briefing the Chief of the Main Operations Directorate – the Deputy Chief of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation Lieutenant-General A.V.Kartapolov
Only a comparison of all available data will ultimately help determine what exactly has happened on July 17. Open questions are for example, whether CSV or other raw data files from Russian air traffic controllers coincide with those from Ukrainian air traffic controllers. Another open question will be whether Ukrainian or Russian data reflect the data stored in the CSV files of MH17s flight data recorder.
Considering the currently available evidence, it appears most probable that the Boeing 777-200 of MAS MH17 was deliberately lured into a well-prepared death trap. Considering the polemic, rhetoric and vitriol as well as the disinformation and misinformation that is being displayed and circulated by certain parties there is an urgent need for independent media to fulfill the function of independent watchdog for the families, loved ones and colleagues whose lives were cut short on July 17.
CH/L – nsnbc 23.07.2014
Editor’s note: nsnbc international is free to read, free to subscribe to. You can register your subscription at the bottom of this page. Please note that we provide information as a public service, free of charge because we believe that all shall have equal access to independent media. We do, however, depend on one thing, which is modest monthly donations from our readers and subscribers or any donation you can afford and find appropriate. The better we can cover our expenses, the better will we be able to provide quality, investigative and independent journalism for you. To donate, please use the donate button in the right column or click HERE.