Wider Middle-East and Global War Imminent ?
When then Russian President, and now presidential candidate Vladimir Putin stated at the International Security Conference in Munich in 2007, that the world had never been as close to a global war, the international media barely took notice. With US and NATO troops amassing in the Middle East, from the Strait of Hormuz via Israel and Jordan, and Turkey, with Special Operations Teams deployed inside Syria and Iran, sanctions on Iran designed to provoke a naval confrontation as a pretext for full scale war, the words of Putin have become more imminent than ever.
The article on the ISC website on the speech of Vladimir Putin at the International Security Conference, 2007, in Munich called Putin´s speech inflammatory, a breeze of cold war, and rhetoric. (1) Before his speech the atmosphere was cheerful, business as usual, but the atmosphere changed when Putin instructed the Chairman of the Munich Security Conference Mr. Telschick not to close for his microphone during his speech, announcing that he was going to make clear his real position on international security challenges without any “diplomatic inhibitions“. Putin condemned the US ambitions for global supremacy and global predominance through a system that had nothing to do with democracy, continuing that while everybody in the West seemed keen to teach Russia about democracy, Westerners did not seem to want to learn themselves.
Putin stated that the post-cold war period had produced far more casualties and armed conflicts than the cold war period, that the attempt to solve problems by unilateral actions caused human tragedies. “We are witnessing an almost uncontained hyper-use of military force in international relations“. “The US had overstepped it´s national borders in almost all spheres “, adding that nobody could feel secure within this political landscape. Likewise, Putin warned against the now deployed deployment of the “anti-missile defense shield in Eastern Europe” comparing it to an arms race that was not beneficial for Europe, and stating “we have weapons at hand that can neutralize this shield“, adding, that the Charter of the United Nations would ultimately also give Russia the inherent right to defend itself in the case of an escalation of the situation. Putin continued by a massive critique of NATO´s expansion to the East, and reminded about NATO´s promise not to deploy troops to East Germany, which was a precondition for the German re-unification.(ibid)
Today NATO has troops in Eastern Germany, Poland, the Baltic Republics Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia, the Ukraine, Georgia, it supports Chechnyan armed insurgents, and wages covert wars in Syria and Iran.
Putin asked what had become of NATO´s guaranties not to deploy troops to any of the former Warsaw Treaty member states, calling the NATO expansion a provocation of Russia, warning against new dividing lines that will again cut through the European continent. Putin also warned about a unilateral declaration of independence by Kosovo, and proclaimed a Russian comeback. (ibid.) What the official Munich Conference website and article fail to mention however, are the prolific words by Putin, that the world had never before been as close to a global conflict. Instead it reads that his speech was a harbinger of a serious crisis in Russio-transatlantic relations. (ibid.)
Besides the obvious violations of Russia -NATO contracts that created the preconditions for the so-called re-unification of Germany, the Neo-Conservative school of US-Politics began a systematic encirclement of geo-politically and strategically significant positions directed against an expanding Chinese economy and a Russia that was re-asserting it´s national interests with respect to economy, and more significantly with respect to defense against NATO aggressions and hegemony. The policy towards global, full spectrum dominance of the USA was developed by the Neo-Conservative think tank “ The Project for a New American Century, short PNAC, (3) and is described in it´s policy papers. Most prominently in ” Rebuilding Americas Defences “. (4) Even though the USA currently has a “democratic” administration, the policy guidelines of PNAC are followed, with variations in the details of implementing it only.
To elicit a few examples of the systematic encirclement and NATO aggression against Russia, one could take notice of a few examples. Al-Qaeda, a creature of the CIA, was established by among other Zbigniev Brzezinski, to fight against Soviet troops in the former Democratic Republic of Afghanistan. Al-Qaeda has been, and still is one of NATO´s secret mercenary armies that depending on utility, can be used as respectively friend or foe. Both the German Intelligence Service BND and the US American CIA massively supported Al-Qaeda mercenaries in the former Yugoslavia. (5) CIA sponsored Al-Qaeda mercenaries and the so called war on terror were used as a pretext for a full scale invasion of Afghanistan. Besides the purported weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, which failed to manifest, Al-Qaeda was utilized as a pretext for the illegal invasion of Iraq. NATO troops came into direct confrontation with Russian troops when the new NATO partner, the former Soviet Republic of Georgia, attacked Southern Ossetia which is allied to Russia.(6) Not to mention the deployment of missiles that led Vladimir Putin in 2007 to state that the world was as close to a third world war as it has ever been.
US and NATO troops are stationed on military bases in the former Soviet Republics along the Russian and Chinese borders, importing religious fanaticism, ethnic conflicts, Al-Qaeda brand terrorism, destabilizing the entire region, and creating considerable security risks for Russia and China. The US and NATO support of insurgents in Tibet in cooperation with “a” Dalai Lama, “the Bodhisattva of Compassion“, whose contributions to world peace are his former co-operation with Nazi-Germany and Imperial Japan, and in latter years co-operation with the CIA and NATO, in an attempt to destabilize Southern China, and to blackmail Chinese governments into accepting human rights organizations that are known to be Trojan Horses of NATO. Most importantly, the USA and NATO are systematically destabilizing vital Russian and Chinese energy supply routes, on a world wide scale, and systematically wage aggressions against a peaceful expansion of Chinese trade and commerce in Africa and Asia. The war on Libya is but one of the symptoms of NATO´s push for full spectrum global dominance. (7)(8)
Russian and Chinese Signal that NATO needs to back down.
The policy of both Russia and China was extremely cautious towards NATO with respect to the war on Libya. Well informed nsnbc contacts could inform that both Russia and China considered the US as a mad man with bombs, able to do anything. Russian outrage over NATO´s blatant abuse of UNSC Resolution 1973 – 2011 (9) however, became visible when then P.M. Putin met Danish P.M. Lars Løkke Rasmussen in Copenhagen, where he openly stated that NATO had overstepped it´s boundaries with respect to Libya. (10)
It is worth noticing that Vladimir Putin who after all has his background in the KGB most certainly must have been briefed of the fact that the Danish Prime Minister with whom he met, Lars Løkke Rasmussen, has a long history of supporting the Afghani Taliban and demonstrating in front of the Russian Embassy in Copenhagen.(11) Russian and Chinese policy changed too late with regards to Libya, but it became obvious that a repetition of a Libya Style abuse of a UNSC – Resolution would not be tolerated in the case of Syria (12) and that both Russia and China would have to assert their positions with regards to Syria and Iran. Both because of strategic alliances, interests of trade and commerce, and because a destabilization of Syria and Iran would have severe security implications for both Russia and China that are intolerable.
In November 2011 a unanimous Russian State Duma, or House of Parliament, demanded that Russian foreign and security policy demands that NATO significantly reduces it´s military footprint in the Caucasus. A demand that was very well in line with Putin´s 2007 speech at the ISC. The affirmation of Russia´s late but new found confidence can be perceived as a direct threat to what is euphemistically called “The New World Order“. (13)
All the while, NATO stepped up it´s covert war on Syria, a long standing ally of Russia,(14) and increased pressure against Iran, (15) threatening crippling sanctions and military action based on the report of the IAEA on Iran. (16) Iranian President Ahmedinejad criticized the IAEA report for being fictitious (17) and a critical review of the report confirms that Ahmedinejad assessed the report correctly. With a United Nations that has long lost credibility as impartial forum of sovereign nations, the IAEA report is in deed criticized by most other than NATO countries for being everything between false to fabricated to create a pretext for an aggression against Iran. (18) It is worth noticing that Iran had changed it´s oil sales from the US-Dollar to trading it´s oil in Euro in 2009. (19) Something Iran has in common with Iraq, before it was attacked by NATO.
Deconstruction of the “Popular Protests” in Syria.
Russia has relentlessly attempted to facilitate diplomatic solutions to the crisis in Syria, knowing that the word crisis is a euphemism for covert war waged by the USA and NATO. As relentless as Russia has attempted diplomacy, as relentless is the NATO onslaught against the people of Syria and it´s government. More precisely the so called protests can be deconstructed into the following basic elements:
A National Counsel of Syria, that was formally formed in Turkey, that demands recognition as the sole representative of the people of Syria, but whose central members are either heavily involved in subversive US-Networks radiating around Zbigniev Brzezinski, Henry Kissinger and Associates, The National Endowment for Democracy, and other institutes, funds, fellowships and their likes that are notorious for armed subversion of nations that are not playing along with US- and NATO geopolitical ambitions. Other members belong to the armed wing of the MI6 creation called The Muslim Brotherhood. (20) And the majority of those demanding recognition as the sole representatives of the people of the Syrian Arab Republic are plainly anonymous, which of course is a perfect basis for democracy.
A Free Syrian Army, that has been operating from NATO bases in Turkey for months, and that is under supervision of NATO Special Forces, (21) From the onset it mainly consists of members of the armed wing of the Muslim Brotherhood, (22) and a substantial amount of foreign fighters, or NATO mercenaries who are trained and under the command of the leadership of the Tripoli Military Counsel. (23) The Tripoli Military Counsel is commanded by Abdelhakim Belhadj, and has formerly been known as the Al Qaeda associated Libyan Islamic Fighting Group, (24) which according to a West Point Study was responsible for a significant amount of US casualties in Iraq. (25) Like it was the case in Libya, where the CIA imported Afghan fighters from Mazar e-Sharif, (26) it is very likely that a significant amount of the mercenaries, most likely between 1000 and 2000 or more are Afghani fighters, and that the numbers are likely to increase significantly as the US is currently striking prisoners release deals involving the Afghan government and the Taliban. This euphemistically called Free Syrian Army is a NATO Mercenary Army, under NATO General Command, and a joint command structure that includes an insignificant amount of so called defectors from the Syrian Armed Forces, needed to provide an apparent legitimacy.
A Saudi and Qatari backed Al Qaeda Assassination Experts Brigade. In October 2011nsnbc could report that the Russian and Syrian intelligence services attained information via inter-net chatter that confirmed that the Al-Qaeda assassination expert brigade called Omar Brigade had deployed to Syria. (27) The Omar Brigade is stationed in Saudi Arabia. It is financed by the Saudi Ministry of Internal Affairs, and it is likely that the Omar Brigade is responsible for the numerous assassination of key Syrian politicians, military officers, high profile reform activists who oppose the foreign intervention and war on Syria, and not least the recent high profile bomb blasts that shook Damascus. (28)
A Pro-Saudi Pro-US Anti-Pan Arab and Anti-Syrian Movement in Lebanon. The Lebanese “Movement for the Future“, is a political party led by Saad Hariri. Saad Hariri is a Saudi-Lebanese multi billionaire and the son of the late Lebanese P.M. Rafiq Hariri. The Hariri Family and associated political parties are traditional pro-NATO, pro-Saudi, and not least pro-Israeli agents in Lebanon. Saad Hariri has by virtue of a covertly recorded audio tape published on nsnbc been implicated in attempting to create false testimony at the ICC´s special prosecutor for Lebanon, and has been implicated in financing and arming terrorist gangs that take part in the armed insurgency and subversion of the Syrian government. (29)
Other elements of the euphemistically called Syrian Opposition include the London Based Syrian Human Rights Observatory and numerous other fringe organizations that are difficult to evaluate since very little is known about them and their members. nsnbc has send a letter and e-mail to the Syrian Human Rights Observatory asking for information about it´s goals, it´s policies, it´s funding, eventual contacts to foreign intelligence services, but has until today not received any reply. Finally, it should be recognized that Israel still occupies the Golan Highs, and that Israel has been waging an intelligence war against Syria for decades. It is unlikely that Mossad and IDF Special forces are not involved, but very little information is available.
A War Is Turning Hot.
On 24 October nsnbc published the article “NATO Prepares Global War – Russian and Chinese Military on Highest Alert“. (30) The message was alarming but in no way alarmist. On 3 October, few days before a meeting between Russian P.M. Vladimir Putin and Chinese president Huan Jintao, Putin announced Russian plans towards the establishment of a Eurasian Union. (31) On 12 October Putin and Jintao met in China discussing among other security and strengthened ties between the two countries, and off of the official agenda to discuss gravest security concerns. Before Putin left China, the Russian Intelligence Service FSB (32) had received sobering reports from China´s Ministry of Security. (33) The reports were among other, not disclosed intelligence sources based on information from the former Blackwater Operative Brian Underwood who is currently held in the USA on charges for having passed on information to a foreign nation.(34) Though there are no details publicly available as to the details of the intelligence exchanged between Russia and China, the reaction was that both Chinese and Russian military forces were put on highest alert.
The situations that have aggravated concerns of US and NATO ambitions towards a global confrontation with Russia and China have since deteriorated significantly and rapidly. The comparison between the current developments and situation in the wider Middle East with a powder keg is not alarmist but deeply disturbing and a situation that urgently needs to be confronted by international diplomacy and law.
The sole Russian Naval Base with access to the Mediterranean is situated in Tartus, Syria. November 2011 Russia has deployed reenforcement to Tartus, countering the deployment of NATO´s US-6th Carrier Group off the coast of Syria. (35) Though Russia has the capacity to counter the deployment of the 6th Carrier group, the fact that the Russian deployment was relatively modest in the light of the NATO threat against Syria was evidence of three factors. The first, that Russia is giving diplomacy all possible chances. The second is most likely that high ranking officials inside the Russian Ministry of Defence and Foreign Ministry perceive NATO, and particularly members in the highest echelons of the current US-Administration as virtually insane and able to cause a war that would be devastating for humanity.The third, and most disturbing, is that an analysis of the geo-strategic, regional and global developments have a strong propensity towards the development of a conflict with nuclear weapons.
The Rubicon of the developing situation may be Syria, but it is as likely to be Iran and the Strait of Hormuz or Iran´s nuclear facilities. On 4 January the E.U. agreed to ban import of Iranian oil. (36) China criticized the USA for it´s sanctions against Iran, criticizing the USA for not using diplomacy and for it´s primacy of domestic legislation above international legislation in international affairs. (37) Syria and Iran are systematically encircled by US and NATO forces, in a systematic, step by step preparation of a wider Middle-East and global conflict. Neither Russia nor China can strategically, economically, or based on the security related to resources tolerate the destabilization of Syria and Iran without suffering the most serious long term consequences.
The recent Iranian naval and land military exercise provided ample evidence for the fact that an aggression against Iran won´t be a push over and that it has strong defense capabilities. The slow but massive NATO build up of military forces in the region alone should be sufficient to know that Iran is a force to be recogned with, and Syria is not the same easy push over as Libya, whose government had bought into the NATO deception that letting your defenses down and behave nicely will protect you from aggression. NATO troops are deployed in Turkey, many of them transfered from Iraq, in Jordan, along the Syrian border, in the eastern Mediterranean, the Gulf States and Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, and encircle both Russia and China with ballistic- and anti-ballistic missiles.
The situation that can bring the powder keg to explosion is any incident that indicates, that NATO is attempting to deter Iran from safely exporting it´s oil through the Persian Gulf. In such case, it both promises, (38) and is perfectly capable of (39) to close the Strait of Hormuz for any maritime traffic. Any attack on Iranian nuclear facilities or an attack on Syria will have similar results. In such case both Russia and China will have the choice to stand with Iran and Syria, or to fall. What ever the outcome of such conflict, there will be millions to billions of losers, and it it doubtful there will be a winner to enjoy a victory built on the carcass of civilization.
Given the possibility that the crisis will pass, the most urgent question for humanity, and for every single person is which action must be taken to once and for all outlaw and prosecute those who wage wars behind the veil of plausible deniability, the protection of diplomatic immunity, to outlaw the encouragement of brute force, to co-opt, threaten, plunder and murder with immunity and impunity. The United Nations has utterly failed and is today a part of the problem, more than a possible path towards a solution.
Dr. Christof Lehmann
1) A breeze of cold war. ISC 2007. http://www.securityconference.de/Putin-s-speech.381+M52087573ab0.0.html
2) ibid. ..
3) Project For The New American Century, PNAC. http://www.newamericancentury.org/
4) Rebuilding Americas Defences. PNAC. http://www.newamericancentury.org/RebuildingAmericasDefenses.pdf
5) German Intelligence and CIA supported Al-Qaeda sponsored Terrorists in Yugoslavia. Center for Research on Globalization. http://globalresearch.ca/articles/BEH502A.html
6) Georgia´s Invasion of South Ossetia, Two Years On. Center for Research on Globalization. http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=20500
7) Neo-Colonialism, Subversion in Africa, and Global Conflict. http://nsnbc.wordpress.com/2011/10/16/neo-colonialism-subversion-in-africa-and-global-conflict/
8) NATO´s war on Libya is directed against china. http://nsnbc.wordpress.com/2011/09/26/natos-war-on-libya-is-directed-against-china/
9) UNSC Resolution 1973 – 2011 on Libya. http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2011/sc10200.doc.htm#Resolution
10) Russia Draws Line in Syrian Sand. http://nsnbc.wordpress.com/2011/09/09/russia-draws-line-in-syrian-sand/
11) Libya Denmark and Dirty Double Dealings. http://nsnbc.wordpress.com/2011/09/28/libya-denmark-and-dirty-double-dealings/
12) China, Russia oppose another Libya-Type of US.-led NATO Military Intervention. http://nsnbc.wordpress.com/2011/10/10/china-russia-oppose-another-libya-type-of-us-led-nato-military-intervention/
13) The Eurasian Project: A Threat to the New World Order. http://nsnbc.wordpress.com/2011/10/17/the-eurasian-project-a-threat-to-the-new-world-order/
14) Syria, NATO, and the Modified Chechnyan Model. http://nsnbc.wordpress.com/2011/09/25/syria-nato-and-the-modified-chechnyan-model/
15) France threatens Iran with military action at U.N. . http://nsnbc.wordpress.com/2011/09/29/france-theatens-iran-with-military-action-at-u-n/
16) Implementation of the NTP Safeguards Agreement and relevant provisions of Security Counsel resolutions in the Islamic Republic of Iran. IAEA. http://www.iaea.org/Publications/Documents/Board/2011/gov2011-54.pdf
17) BBC – Iran Nuclear Issue. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-11709428
18) IAEA Report on Iran exposed as BIG Fraud. http://nsnbc.wordpress.com/2011/11/12/iaea-report-on-iran-exposed-as-big-fraud/
19) Iran ends Oil Transactions in US-Dollars. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/04/30/business/main4057490.shtml
20) The National Counsel of Syria and US-Unconventional Warfare. http://nsnbc.wordpress.com/2011/10/06/the-national-counsel-of-syria-and-u-s-unconventional-warfare/
21) Arabian Summer or NATO´s Fall. http://nsnbc.wordpress.com/2011/08/29/arabian-summer-or-nato%C2%B4s-fall/
22) Syrian Info-War. Syrian Attorney General Adnan Muhammad Bakkur not defected but kidnapped by armed gang with helicopter gunships. http://nsnbc.wordpress.com/2011/09/04/syrian-info-war-syrian-attorney-general-adnan-muhammad-bakkur-not-defected-but-kidnapped-by-armed-gang-with-helicopter-gunships/
23) Qatar invaded Libya, now invades Syria. http://nsnbc.wordpress.com/2012/01/01/qatar-invaded-libya-now-invades-syria/
24) Abdelhakim Belhadj, The Mask behind the Many Men. http://nsnbc.wordpress.com/2011/09/25/abdelhakim-belhadj-the-mask-behind-the-many-men/
25) West Point – Combating Terrorism – Al Qaeda´s Foreign Fighters in Iraq. http://tarpley.net/docs/CTCForeignFighter.19.Dec07.pdf
26) CIA recruits 1500 men from Mazar e Sharif to fight in Libya. http://nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-newspaper-daily-english-online/Politics/31-Aug-2011/CIA-recruits-1500-from-MazareSharif-to-fight-in-Libya
28) Damascus Bomb Blasts – Merry Christmas for Syria, with Love from America. http://nsnbc.wordpress.com/2011/12/24/merry-christmas-for-syria-with-love-from-america/
29) Hariri implicated in arming insurgency in Syria.(continues also audio tape) http://nsnbc.wordpress.com/2011/09/14/hariri-implicated-in-arming-nato-insurgency-in-syria/
30) NATO Prepares Global War – Russian and Chinese Military on Highest Alert. http://nsnbc.wordpress.com/2011/10/24/nato-prepares-global-war-russian-and-chinese-military-on-highest-alert/
31) Russia´s Putin promotes Eurasian Union in rare article. http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5h0KgpWReQEViJPRvovnJlzTvuK2w?docId=CNG.959cb8156142d070031486c72c2a0fb8.641
32) FSB – Home. http://www.fsb.ru/
33) China – Ministry of Security – Wikipedia. http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E4%B8%AD%E5%8D%8E%E4%BA%BA%E6%B0%91%E5%85%B1%E5%92%8C%E5%9B%BD%E5%9B%BD%E5%AE%B6%E5%AE%89%E5%85%A8%E9%83%A8
* * *
34) US-Consulate guard accused on trying to pass secrets to China. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2043096/US-consulate-guard-Bryan-Underwood-accused-trying-pass-secrets-China.html
35) Russia deploys war ships to Syrian Base. http://www.nineoclock.ro/russia-deploys-war-ships-at-syrian-base/
36) EU agrees to ban Iranian Oil Imports. http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/library/news/iran/2012/iran-120104-voa02.htm?_m=3n.002a.394.gc0ao02hky.crr
37) China criticizes US sanctions against Iran. http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/library/news/iran/2012/iran-120104-voa01.htm?_m=3n.002a.394.gc0ao02hky.crw
38) Iran says it will close Strait of Hormuz if crude export blocked. http://rt.com/news/iran-ready-block-strait-hormuz-361/
39) The Geo-Politics of the Strait of Hormuz- Could the US Navy be defeated by Iran in the Persian Gulf. http://nsnbc.wordpress.com/2012/01/08/the-geo-politics-of-the-strait-of-hormuz-could-the-u-s-navy-be-defeated-by-iran-in-the-persian-gulf/